- Everybody is insecure about something, some are just better at hiding their insecurities. Some of us look bad in clothes because we are either over or under weight, some of us are short, some of us were told our breath stinks like shit and now don’t go anywhere without gum, some of us were told we were tall and looked like a doofus, some people are pigeon toed, some people are flat footed, some are broke, some are too rich to pretend they are from the hood although they enjoy everything that is cool and authentic about being from the ghetto, some people sweat too much, some people’s asses stink all the time even after a shower an hour ago, some people have scratchy throats, some people are too loud, some people talk too soft, some of us our booties aren’t round enough, or your penis isn’t big enough, or you got a flat chest, some of our noses are pointy, some are like big greasy bell peppers, some of us have shitty cars, or bad places, some of us are dirty and lazy, some of us are ocd to a fault, everyone has been made to be insecure about everything. I say you should accept it, but also accept you aren’t alone. Everybody in this world is insecure about something, some are just better at hiding it.
- As someone who grew up very insecure about myself, I will share my experiences and hope this helps you.
I learned at the age of 16 by going to the gym I am capable of doing things. Prior to this I was overweight, had little to none confidence in myself, and never would push myself.
The key is to ask yourself, what is the first step I can take?
Going for a walk, will make us healthier and make us feel better.
Writing our thoughts in our journal makes us feel more clear-headed.
What makes you feel at ease? Do you have a support system that you can go to in times of trouble and stress?
Surrond yourself with those who make you a better person.
Establish small habits that make you feel better each day. Eating well, exercise, trying a new hobby even.
Changes happen over little actions taken each day. You don’t have to rush or race to become a new person. It will happen with each passing day as you try to better yourself.
- Short answer: As long you’re willing to make changes.
Long answer: As humans, we all have insecurities. And if someone tells you otherwise, they’re lying to your face. They’re insecure about their insecurities.
The fact that you recognized it, admitted not only to yourself but on a public platform like this shows me that you are willing to change. CHANGING FOR YOURSELF IS AND MUST ALWAYS BE #1 NO ONE ELSE. And I applaud👏👏👏👏👏👏 you for that. You’re doing good.
Socrates said for one to “Know Thyself”.
Get to know who YOU are, your likes and dislikes, set boundaries with yourself and others. It’s not going to be an easy process. It requires a lot of attention and Soul searching. Just remember this: The journey is going to be a tough one. But the destination will be so much sweeter.
- That’s up to you. Do you feel insecurity is a problem? Is it ruining your quality of life? If so, you should take steps to change it.
Keep in mind there’s no such thing as complete security in this world. We’re all human and dependent on our environment and other people to survive. Change is a constant and the things that make us feel secure can vanish overnight.
That said, you can work on developing your resilience and self-efficacy so you’ll be better able to cope with whatever happens in your life. There are plenty of books and videos available online to help you develop resilience and self-efficacy. That might be a good place to start if you want to feel more confident and secure.
5. You need to accept that fact, and to make a new personality. You can do that when you change your self-image. Self-image is your life script. You live and work by the rules and principles of your script. If you are insecure, the product of your personality is insecurity in every part of your life. You can confirm or change your script.
6. You only feel insecure cause you feel you don’t think you deserve whatever it is you have and that’s wrong you can’t think like that what ever happens to you good or bad means it’s met to be so instead of having second thoughts and running things just focus on what you have and make it work.