I don’t think I’m wise enough to give this advice but I guess I’ll do it anyways.
- Family is extremely important. The way people form families is having children, sex isn’t a game. Many people risk their future family life by playing with fire and having sex with attractive people they don’t plan on settling down with or who aren’t the most moral people. Getting the wrong person pregnant can make your life significantly more stressful. It’s not a good idea.
- Racism is pointless. I’ve lived around a lot of different kinds of people my whole life. Some “white” people are jackasses, some “black” people are jackasses, some white and black people are evil. Some white people are good and respectful people, some black people are good and respectful people. This is true from people of every ethnic background. Sometimes cultures can be toxic (throwing homosexuals off of roofs for example, as happens in some places in the middle east) , but as individual human beings there is good and evil, and just respectful and disrespectful people, scattered everywhere.
- I’m a naive person, and I’m starting to realize that this isn’t a good way to look at the world. There is legitimate evil around us. I don’t know what percentage of people have this level of immorality, but just look at a Megan’s law registry and look at how wide spread sexual abuse is alone. I hear people say that “most people are good people”. This isn’t true, and people with evil intentions will a lot of the time attempt to hide their negative intentions.
- Men and women procreate differently. Men have three mating strategies, one is to have a family and use his resources to raise his children. The other is to impregnate a woman and to not raise the child. The third, I’m not going to mention, it isn’t a good thing, but it was a way of reproduction in the past. Women have one path for reproduction, to become pregnant and to raise their child. The second way of reproduction, in terms of evolution is like hitting the jackpot, you pass on your genetics without expending your resources, and in history this was a very rare circumstance, a part of our brain is wired to be attracted to this. Seeing women in revealing clothing, like short shorts, bikinis, leggings, etc. triggers this part of a man’s brain. Men are more wired for “casual” sex than women because of this, and Men tend to be willing to have less attractive casual sexual partners than women. When it comes to pair bonding, men’s standards tend to be high, as women’s tend to be. Women should be aware of this natural thought pattern in men, that can be isolated and controlled if a man has a high enough moral character. Don’t think because a man will have sex with you that he is interested in an actual relationship, casual sex gives Men a huge rush. It isn’t healthy but it is there to some extent in most men.
- There are a lot of unintelligent people in this world, and as our society gets more complicated many people will have a hard time keeping up with society.
- A lot of beautiful women are bad people. Just because women are attractive or makes a man feel infatuated doesn’t mean a man should pursue them. Men need to realize their value as human beings and stop stooping to a level of subservience because an attractive woman is interested in them. Trying to have a family with a completely irrational, or even worse yet malicious woman can make your life significantly worse. In the Bible in the book of Proverbs several times it mentions that it’s better to be alone than with a quarrelsome wife, once saying it’s better to live in the desert than with a quarrelsome wife, and again saying it’s better to live alone and in the corner of an attic than with a quarrelsome wife.
- Every mammal that has ever lived has died. Human beings are hardwired to be scared of death, but all living things on our planet (I have read that some organisms actually don’t age, but this isn’t common, and I’m wondering if they would be preyed on by something? I’m not looking into it now) die. If you’re reading this, you will die someday and I will also. Its apart of being a living being, and accepting mortality brings me peace of mind (although the idea of a loved one facing death terrifies me).
- Happiness is elusive and not as straight forward as people might think. One of the happiest moments in my life was when I was living in a car (I took the front seat out and made a makeshift bed) in Northern California, I was making 60k a year at a job I liked and once a week I had money, my car, the beach, a guitar, a skateboard, I felt so free. Technically I was homeless. There are miserable people who are wealthy. It has taken a lot of soul searching for me to try and comprehend how this fits into my life, but finding happiness isn’t straightforward.
- Stress has been shown to be bad for hormones levels. Being stressed out lowers testosterone. A lot of people think that having this extreme, go getting attitude is a mark of strength. When it comes to your hormones (I like to work out and am somewhat muscular, so this is important to me), a lot of the time doing less is more, and taking care of yourself when able to will benefit you greatly (our society often pushes us to reach absurd goals by neglecting our wellbeing, which is inevitable at times, but during times of peace, you really should have empathy for yourself and not push yourself off the rails)
- Western society will try and pressure you to lose sleep, to go into massive amounts of debt to pursue increasingly pointless education, to get a second job, basically to just work harder and push yourself more and more. Id highly recommend taking a step back and seeing if there is a way to live life THE WAY YOU WANT TO, NOT THE WAY YOU ARE TOLD YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO WANT TO. There is a song by Matisyahu and a poem by Charles Bukowski, the song by Matisyahu talks about how “we have one tiny moment time in life to shine to burn away the darkness”.
The Laughing Heart
Your life is your life don’t let it be clubbed into dank submission.
Be on the watch.
There are ways out.
There is light somewhere.
It may not be much light but it beats the darkness.
Be on the watch.
The gods will offer you chances.
You can’t beat death but you can beat death in life, sometimes.
And the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be.
Your life is your life.
Know it while you have it.
You are marvelous the gods wait to delight in you.